Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Obama Calls for National Strategy

lt's odd to think that there wasn't a 'national strategy' to prevent HIV already.

I'm pretty pleased with their goals. They seem completely do-able and effective.

Increasing awareness is probably the most important goal. And educating people. It seems like a lot of people get confused about things like who can get HIV or how it's transmitted.

Evidence also suggests that people who get treated are less infectious even if they do engage in unsafe sex, she says.
I was also stunned to read that. That's interesting, though I'd like to hear the details as to how this could be.


I'm really hoping this proves to be a success. I'm intrigued. I really want to know what actions they're planning to take to make this happen.

What do you think they should do? How successful do you think they'll be?

No comments:

Post a Comment